Learning English is considered as an enjoyable experience at any time and age. English is the third largely spoken native language in the world and it is widely spoken by many people around the world as a second language. Due to the progression of globalization, many countries and organizations realized the importance of learning English.
The need for learning English can be summed up in the following points:
- English is a global language that is used to communicate with people from different countries. It is the medium to contact people whose first language is not originally English.
- English increases the opportunities of finding a good job in multinational companies or abroad.
- English is essential for higher education and professional training. Many references and books are written in English.
- English is the basic language in media and entertainment. Advertisements also use English as a way of marketing the product or service.
- If you are travel lovers who always visit many new countries, English will make your trips much easier and more enjoyable.
- The last but not the least. Learning English is a key that opens to you vast possibilities of knowledge and information. You can watch movies, read literature and listen to music, which gives you access to new cultures in the world.
Learn EF is an academy that provides learners with a comprehensive course in English. Its programs start from teaching the basics to more advanced levels until the learners gain proficiency. The classes employ different skills and techniques with an interactive and fun atmosphere.
I want to talk about the first level (zero) of the course. The first class starts with practicing the English letters with their different sounds and types, followed by practicing words on specific topics.
The second step is teaching the basics in English, such as parts of speech, the subject pronouns, verbs to be, the numbers, etc. Once the learners master reading words properly, short sentences and common expressions are introduced. Then, students start learning and practicing an everyday language with many different topics.
Many techniques and methods are used in the class. Lessons on this level employ listening, reading, and speaking skills.
Learners listen to short recordings followed by a discussion about the main points, the general idea, or specific information. This technique encourages learners to be more involved in the learning process and to be more active rather than passive in the class. The material is explained in a simple way, and students do not move to the next level of the course until they master the previous one.
Drawing on my experience as a teacher for this level for many years, I encourage learners to enroll in this course. You will be satisfied by the results and the competence you have achieved through the learning process.